Shadows of Doubt is a detective stealth game set in a fully-simulated sci-fi noir city
Today we’re talking about Shadows of Doubt which is an investigative stealth game set in a fully simulated sci-fi noir city. Developed by ColePowered Games the game is available on Steam. Let’s see what it’s all about!
Shadows of Doubt
There’s a serial killer on the loose, and it’s up to you to catch them by any means necessary, with the condition that you keep a low profile. A unique mix of procedural generation and hand-crafted design every room of every building is explorable. Citizens go about their lives independent of the player as you watch from the Shadows, in search of crucial information. An open world stealth game with a whole city of secrets at your fingertips! Shadows of Doubt take place in an alternate reality hyper-industrialized 1980s.
The government outsources police work to private corporations and contractors. You’re a private intelligence investigator, making money by finding and selling information. The capture of the rampant serial killer carries a hefty bounty, but who knows what secrets you’ll find along the way: Play through the main story thread, or take on side missions to earn extra cash.
Explore anywhere in the city! Every nook of every trashy bar, every shady casino, every seedy hotel room. This dystopia is your oyster. Break into apartments, rifle through secret documents and hack security systems. It’s your call detective.
The world lives on with or without you
The entire world is fully simulated. Each citizen has an apartment, a job, a daily routine, favorite things to do, places to go, and people to interact with. They’ll live out their lives independently, and the world moves on with or without you— uncover this knowledge and use it to your advantage!
Shadows’ of Doubt Features
- Every room in every building is explorable. Lose yourself in an incredibly detailed sci-fi/noir world
- Open-ended gameplay: How you achieve your objective is up to you. Choose where to go and who to pursue
- A Powerful blend of procedural generation and hand-crafted design will mean your city, it’s buildings, addresses and citizens can be completely unique to your game experience —but not feel random
- Follow the main story to hunt down a serial killer. It could be anyone, hiding anywhere…
- Take on side missions for extra cash
- Dig into the lives of hundreds of simulated citizens to earn extra cash. Secrets are valuable, and everyone has them
- Lock-picking, hacking, sneaking, climbing. Level up your skills and become a master of stealth
- Earn enough to upgrade your own apartment and home office, or even purchase a new one
- Incredible film-noir soundtrack
Stay with us to find out more about this Noir with an 80s setting. Let us know in the comments if the idea of being a detective in a way like that of Shadows of Doubt intrigues you or not. We’ll update soon!
Good Game everybody!